- Theodore F. Vaill. History of the Second Connecticut Volunteer Heavy Artillery. Winstead: Winstead Printing Company, 1868.
- Edwin E. Marvin. The Fifth Regiment Connecticut Volunteers. Hartford: Press of Wilet, Waterman & Eaton, 1889.
- John William De Forest. A Volunteer’s Adventures: A Union Captain’s Record of the Civil War. Ed. James H. Croushore Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1996.
- The Boys From Rockville: Civil War Narratives of Sgt. Benjamin Hirst, Company D, 14th Connecticut Volunteers. Knoxville: The University of Tennessee Press, 1998.
- The Good Fight That Didn’t End: Henry P. Goddard’s Accounts of Civil War and Peace. Calvin Goddard Zon, ed. Columbia: University of South Carolina, 2008.
- Mr. Dunn Browne’s Experiences in the Army: The Civil War Letters of Samuel W. Fiske. Stephen W. Sears, ed. New York: Fordham University Press, 1998.
- Charles D. Page. History of the Fourteenth Regiment, Connecticut Vol. Infantry. Meriden: The Horton Printing Co., 1906.
- Lesley J. Gordon. A Broken Regiment: The 16th Connecticut’s Civil War Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 2014.
- B. F. Blakeslee. History of the Sixteenth Connecticut Volunteers. Hartford: The Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co., 1875.
- A New Canaan Private in the Civil War: Letters of Justus M. Silliman, 17th Connecticut Volunteers. Edward Marcus, ed. New Canaan: The New Canaan Historical Society, 1984.
- Richard W. Smith. The Old Nineteenth: The Story of the Second Connecticut Heavy Artillery in the Civil War. New York: iUniverse, Inc., 2007.
Company D, 20th Regiment
- Lawrence P. Cogswell, Jr. Civil War Letters of Sgt. Patrick Henry Goodrich: A Soldier in the Connecticut Twentieth Regiment, Company D. Lawrence P. Cogswell, Jr., 2001.
- William Stone Hubbell, Delos D. Brown, and Alvin Millen. The Story of the Twenty-first Regiment, Connecticut Volunteer Infantry. Middletown: Press of the Stewart Printing Company, 1900.
(Last updated July 8, 2015)