- A Southern Soldier’s Letters Home: The Civil War Letters of Samuel Burney, Cobb’s Georgia Legion, Army of Northern Virginia. Nat Turner, ed. Mercer University Press, 2003.
- Berry Benson. Berry Benson’s Civil War Book: Memoirs of a Confederate Scout and Sharpshooter. Susan W. Benson, ed. Athens: University of Georgia Press, 2007.
- George W. Martin. “I Will Give Them One More Shot”: Ramsey’s 1st Regiment Georgia Volunteers. Mercer University Press, 2010.
- Henry D. McDaniel. With Unabated Trust: Major Henry McDaniel’s Love Letters from Confederate Battlefields As Treasured in Hester McDaniel’s Bonnet Box. Historical Society of Walton County, 1977.
- Dorothy H. Herring. Company C of the Twenty-Second Georgia Infantry Regiment in the Confederate Service. D.H. Herring, 2000.
- Alton J. Murray. South Georgia Rebels: The True Wartime Experiences of the 26th Regiment, Georgia Volunteer Infantry, Lawton-Gordon-Evans Brigade, Confederate States Army, 1861-1865. Murray, 1976.
(Last updated November 29, 2015)