- Thomas Bahde. The Story of My Campaign: The Civil War Memoir of Captain Francis T. Moore, Second Illinois Cavalry. Northern Illinois University Press, 2011.
- Rhonda M. Kohl. The Prarie Boys Go to War: The Fifth Illinois Cavalry, 1861-1865. Southwest Illinois University Press, 2013.
- Peter G. Beidler. Army of the Potomac: The Civil War Letters of William Cross Hazelton of the Eighth Illinois Cavalry Regiment. Coffeetown Press, 2012.
- William N. Tyler. The Dispatch Carrier: A Sergeant of the 9th Illinois Cavalry, Union Army on Campaign and in Andersonville Prison During the American Civil War. LEONAUR, 2011.
- Ray Burhop. Twenty Forth Illinois Infantry Regiment. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2012.
- Steve Raymond. In the Very Thickest of the Fight: The Civil War Service of the 78th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment. Globe Pequot, 2012.
- George T. McCullough. For Honor and Union: Based on the Civil War Diary of Sergeant Arthur P. McCullough, 81st Illinois Infantry. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2012.
- Philip J. Reyburn. Clear the Track: A History of the Eighty-Ninth Illinois Volunteer Infantry, The Railroad Regiment. AuthorHouse, 2012.
- John M. King. Three Years with the 92d Illinois: The Civil War Diary of John M. King. Claire E. Swedberg, ed. Stackpole Books, 1999.
92nd Mounted Infantry
- Charles E. Cort. “Dear Friends”: The Civil War Letters and Diary of Charles Edwin Cort. Helyn Cort Tomlinson, ed. Tomlinson, 1962.
- William W. Calkins. The History of the One Hundred and Fourth Regiment of Illinois Volunteer Infantry. Donohue & Henneberry, 1895.
This page is dedicated to Jeff Kluever, my former education supervisor and a true son of Iowa.
(Last updated November 29, 2015)