- Do They Miss Me at Home? The Civil War Letters of William McKnight, Seventh Ohio Volunteer Cavalry. Donald C. Maness and H. Jason Combs, ed. Athens: Ohio University Press, 2010.
- Constantine Grebner. We Were the Ninth: A History of the Ninth Regiment, Ohio Volunteer Infantry, April 17, 1861, to June 7, 1864. Kent: Kent State University Press, 1987.
- A Soldier’s Story of the Siege of Vicksburg, From the Diary of Osborn H. Oldroyd. Springfield: Osborn H. Oldroyd, 1885.
- James T. Fritsch. The Untried Life: The Twenty-Ninth Ohio Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War. Swallow Press, 2012.
- Marie Mollohan. Another Day in Lincoln’s Army: The Civil War Journals of Sgt. John T. Booth. iUniverse, Inc., 2007.
- Kenneth P. Werrell. Crook’s Regulars: The 36th Ohio in the War of Rebellion. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2012.
- Wilbur F. Hinman. Corporal Si Klegg and His “Pard”. Cleveland: The N. G. Hamilton Publishing Co., 1895.
- David T. Thackery. A Light and Uncertain Hold: A History of the Sixty-Sixth Ohio Volunteer Infantry. Kent: Kent State University Press, 1999.
- “Burning Rails as We Pleased”: The Civil War Letters of William Garrigues Bentley, 104th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. Barbara Bentley Smith and Nina Bentley Baker, ed. Jefferson: McFarland & Company, Inc., 2004.
- Albion W. Tourgee. The Story of A Thousand: Being A History of the Service of the 105th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, in the War for the Union from August 21, 1862 to June 6, 1865. Buffalo: S. McGerald & Son, 1896.
- Wesley S. Thurstin. History One Hundred and Eleventh Regiment, O.V.I. Toledo: Vrooman, Anderson & Bateman, Printers, 1894.
- G. W. Lewis. The Campaigns of the 124th Regiment, Ohio Volunteer Infantry. Akron: The Werner Company.
- Clifton M. Nichols. A Summer Campaign in the Shenandoah Valley, in 1864. Springfield: New Era Company, 1899.
(Last updated June 6, 2015)